Here are some procedures and tests that I may do without the need for referrals:
- Biopsy of skin or toenail lesions.
- Cryotherapy (freezing) of non-cancerous skin lesions (warts, skin tags, actinic keratoses, etc.)
- Ear wax (cerumen) removal
- Electrocardiography (EKG) and interpretation
- Foreign body (e.g. splinter or tick) removal.
- Ganglion cyst drainage (removal requires referral to a surgeon)
- Incision and drainage of abscesses.
- Ingrown nail removal.
- Microscopic examination of body fluids, scrapings, etc.
- Pap smears & STD testing (outside referral to female provider available upon request – see pricing page).
- Peak flow measurement
- Skin tag removal
- Suturing of minor wounds in areas/cases where cosmetic defects are not important.
- TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) treatment.
- Diabetic wound care (limited – e.g. Unna compression boot application)
Here is a procedure that I do not (currently) offer: